Due to the relative novelty of the bale net wrapping and the commitment of many farmers to twine on the market, there are some questions that most often arise during the material selection process. Below are the most popular of them to help you understand the properties of the bale net wrap in the shortest possible time.
1. Why is the mesh also called “hay knitting”? From the name, you might think that the bale net wrap is only suitable for hay packaging, but in reality it is not at all the case. From English it is called “Bale Net”, which means “net for bales”. The material can also be used to wrap straw and other feeding crops. And the term “hay knitting” came from the people, but in fact, the largest volumes of packaging come precisely for straw.
2. What is the material made of? Bale net wrap is made from polypropylene fibers. The threads are interconnected according to a special scheme and form a single canvas. They do not have a negative impact on the environment and are good for recycling.
3. How to dispose the bale net wrap properly? Bale net wrap should not be burned for disposal. At this point, it emits toxic smoke that spoils the air and harms the environment. Among other things, this can provoke a fire, which will lead to irreversible consequences. It is best to send the material for recycling in a special way.
4. How to determine the strength of the mesh? When buying a roll, manufacturers indicate certain characteristics for tearing, but how can you be sure of the reliability of this information? In fact, it is quite difficult to check this indicator.
There are 2 main ways:
5. How to remove the bale net wrap properly?
It is necessary to cut carefully the material along the bale, collect the threads into one bundle and gradually remove the net from the roll. More detailed instructions are located here. It is also worth paying attention to the fact that the finished bale should not contain the remnants of the packaging. Compliance with these rules will minimize the ingress of parts of the bale net wrap into the food of the animal.
Important! Supervise the work of employees during the removal of the bale net wrap from the bale. It is important that they properly do their duties and completely remove the material from the surface. At first glance, the advice seems obvious, but many farmers forget about this point. Every employee must understand that the presence of polypropylene threads in the feed does not improve the health of cattle and can even seriously harm.
You may have questions. You can find answers to them in our FAQ or our other blog articles. If you have any questions about ordering directly from the Polypak manufacturer, please contact our managers in the contact page.